Dr Hussain is now every week in the clinic
The vascular surgery medical specialty deals with the treatment of blood vessel diseases, ie arteries, veins and lymphatic vessels. Vascular arterial surgery deals with arterial disease, advanced, surgical.
The main surgical condition is the interruption of blood circulation in an important artery, which leads to a decrease in the amount of blood that reaches the irrigated area of the vessel, suffering called ischemia.
Ischemia may be acute, by clogging the artery with a thrombus (hail) from the heart usually (chronic atrial fibrillation), by the formation of local thrombi on the basis of atheromatous plaques or under other circumstances (thrombophilic states) or by direct arterial injuries accompanied of the most frequent haemorrhages.
Chronic ischemia is caused by chronic obliterative arteriopathy and obliterant thrombangiitis. The main vascular arterial interventions are : bypass revascularization, thrombartrectomy, and Fogarty probe disobstruction. Ventricular vascular surgery has the primary objective of treating varicose veins.
Surgery for varicose veins are :
– classic varicose surgery
– endoluminal laser or radiofrequency treatment of varicose veins
The goals of varicose veins surgery are : removal of varicose vein sources and removal of dilated or unsightly veins. The main preoperative investigation for varicose vein surgery is the venous Doppler ultrasound, which distinguishes between varicose veins and venectases or reticular veins and guides the surgeon to precise surgery with minimal scarring and certain results. The preoperative exam will also indicate the battery of analyzes or investigations required for safety.
The duration of admission varies depending on the condition, the type of intervention and the postoperative evolution, between one-day hospitalization (ambulatory treatment) or several days.
patient is advised
– attend a preoperative surgical consultation
– perform venous Doppler ultrasound
– perform the recommended laboratory tests, electrocardiogram, chest x-ray
– will not interrupt treatment for other conditions (hypertension, ischemic heart disease, diabetes, etc.)
– will be depilated at the level of the inferior limb to be operated, including inguinal, preferably with the epilation cream available in pharmacies